In light of the current situation regarding Coronavirus, we have regrettably had to postpone the following talks:
- Tue, Apr 7th Eleanor Mayhew – Saving Oxford’s Wetland Wildlife
- Tue, May 5th Dr Nick Isaac – Long-term changes in invertebrate biodiversity: Are we approaching insectageddon?
- Tue, Jun 2nd Rod d’Ayala – Amphibians Of Oxfordshire
- Tue, Jul 7th Professor Dieter Helm – Green and Prosperous Land: A Blueprint for Rescuing the British Countryside
We hope to be able to reschedule these talks at some point in the future. Subsequent meetings will be kept under review.
We are currently holding our meetings at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month in St Margaret’s Institute, 30 Polstead Road, Oxford, OX2 6TN map except as otherwise noted.
Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
There is on-street parking for St Margaret’s Institute on Polstead Road, Rawlinson Road and other streets after 6.30pm. The nearest bus stop is the St Margaret’s Road stop on Woodstock Road, served by the 6/6C, S2 and S3 bus services. There are cycle racks at St Margaret’s Institute.
Next indoor meeting:
- Tue, Jun 2nd 2020, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: POSTPONED!! Rod d'Ayala - Amphibians Of Oxfordshire
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- N/A, Sat, Jun 13th 2020 – Early Gentian at White Horse Hill
- Tue, Jun 2nd 2020, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk POSTPONED!! Rod d'Ayala - Amphibians Of Oxfordshire
- Sat, Jun 13th 2020, N/A, : ANHSO Field Early Gentian at White Horse Hill
- Tue, Jul 7th 2020, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk POSTPONED!! Professor Dieter Helm - Green and Prosperous Land: A Blueprint for Rescuing the British Countryside
- Sun, Oct 11th 2020, 1:30 pm, : ANHSO Field National Fungus Day, Harcourt Arboretum
- Tue, Dec 1st 2020, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk Dr Mark Collins - Conserving the World's Swallowtails