In light of the current situation regarding Coronavirus, for the coming months indoor meetings will be held virtually, using the Zoom platform. Attendance will be limited to members only. Details on how to join meetings will be circulated to members via e-mail. We regret that we are unable to hold field events at the moment.
If you would like to attend our virtual meetings, then you are welcome to apply for membership via the form. Membership is just £8 for individuals for the whole year.
Guidance on joining ANHSO Zoom Meetings.
We are currently holding our meetings at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month in St Margaret’s Institute, 30 Polstead Road, Oxford, OX2 6TN map except as otherwise noted.
Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
There is on-street parking for St Margaret’s Institute on Polstead Road, Rawlinson Road and other streets after 6.30pm. The nearest bus stop is the St Margaret’s Road stop on Woodstock Road, served by the 6/6C, S2 and S3 bus services. There are cycle racks at St Margaret’s Institute.
Next indoor meeting:
- Mon, Jun 6th 2022, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: Dr Keith Kirby - Wytham Woods - perhaps the most researched wood in the world?
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm, Sat, May 28th 2022 – Kathy Warden - Aston Upthorpe Downs
- Mon, May 23rd 2022, 6:00 pm, : Verge Survey Dry Sandford OCC Verge Nature Reserve
- Sat, May 28th 2022, 10:30 am, : ANHSO Field Kathy Warden - Aston Upthorpe Downs
- Tue, May 31st 2022, 6:00 pm, : Verge Survey Tubney. Verge Nature Reserve
- Mon, Jun 6th 2022, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk Dr Keith Kirby - Wytham Woods - perhaps the most researched wood in the world?
- Wed, Jun 8th 2022, 6:00 pm, : Verge Survey Shipton-under-Wychwood
- Wed, Jun 22nd 2022, 6:00 pm, : Verge Survey Ashford Mill, VNR
- Thu, Jun 23rd 2022, 6:00 pm, : ANHSO Field Catriona Bass - Long Mead Local Wildlife Site
- Tue, Jul 5th 2022, 8:00 pm, : ANHSO Field Chris Mason - Kidlington Swift Walk
- Tue, Sep 6th 2022, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Vicki Breakell - Reinstating natural processes to an area of ancient woodland in Kent by using European Bison
- Tue, Oct 4th 2022, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Professor Bruce Ing - The wonderful world of myxomycetes
- Tue, Dec 6th 2022, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Stephen Powles - Otters – Coming to a River Near You