We are currently holding our meetings in the Old Schoolroom, St Peter’s Church, Wolvercote. Lectures are now held at 7.30 pm on Tuesdays. Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
Next indoor meeting:
- 8:00 pm – 9:15 pm, Tue, Feb 5th 2019 – Dr Chris Preston - Cambridgeshire's bryophytes - a dynamic flora
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- Thu, Jan 24th 2019, 1:10 pm: Oxfordshire Flora Group Keith Kirby - A view from the Bramble patch: changes in the Flora of Wytham Woods
- Tue, Feb 5th 2019, 8:00 pm: ANHSO Talk Dr Chris Preston - Cambridgeshire's bryophytes - a dynamic flora
- Thu, Feb 7th 2019, 1:10 pm: Oxfordshire Flora Group Lisa Lane - Chimney Meadows – Floodplain Restoration
- Thu, Feb 21st 2019, 1:10 pm: Oxfordshire Flora Group Lawrence Bee - Knoppers and Spangles - an introduction to Plant Galls in Britain
- Tue, Mar 5th 2019, 8:00 pm: ANHSO Talk Annual General Meeting
- Thu, Mar 7th 2019, 1:10 pm: Oxfordshire Flora Group Dr. Judy Webb - Using Marsh Lousewort Pedicularis palustris as an ecosystem engineer