In light of the current situation regarding Coronavirus, for the coming months indoor meetings will be held virtually, using the Zoom platform. Attendance will be limited to members only. Details on how to join meetings will be circulated to members via e-mail. We regret that we are unable to hold field events at the moment.
If you would like to attend our virtual meetings, then you are welcome to apply for membership via the form. Membership is just £8 for individuals for the whole year.
Guidance on joining ANHSO Zoom Meetings.
We are currently holding our meetings at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month in St Margaret’s Institute, 30 Polstead Road, Oxford, OX2 6TN map except as otherwise noted.
Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
There is on-street parking for St Margaret’s Institute on Polstead Road, Rawlinson Road and other streets after 6.30pm. The nearest bus stop is the St Margaret’s Road stop on Woodstock Road, served by the 6/6C, S2 and S3 bus services. There are cycle racks at St Margaret’s Institute.
Next indoor meeting:
- Tue, Sep 7th 2021, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: Professor Sir Dieter Helm - Green and Prosperous Land: A Blueprint for Rescuing the British Countryside
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, Sun, Aug 8th 2021 – Sally Rankin - Nettlebed Common
- Sun, Aug 8th 2021, 10:30 am, : ANHSO Field Sally Rankin - Nettlebed Common
- Tue, Sep 7th 2021, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Professor Sir Dieter Helm - Green and Prosperous Land: A Blueprint for Rescuing the British Countryside
- Sun, Oct 3rd 2021, 1:30 pm, : ANHSO Field Richard Fortey - National Fungus Day Foray
- Tue, Oct 5th 2021, 8:00 pm, To be confirmed: ANHSO Talk Stephen Harris - Four centuries of Oxford botany
- Tue, Dec 7th 2021, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Keith Betton - Saving the Stone Curlew