We are currently holding our meetings at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month in St Margaret’s Institute, 30 Polstead Road, Oxford, OX2 6TN map except as otherwise noted.
Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
There is on-street parking for St Margaret’s Institute on Polstead Road, Rawlinson Road and other streets after 6.30pm. The nearest bus stop is the St Margaret’s Road stop on Woodstock Road, served by the 6/6C, S2 and S3 bus services. There are cycle racks at St Margaret’s Institute.
Next indoor meeting:
- Tue, Sep 3rd 2019, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: Bob Cowley - Track and Sign - the naturalist's forgotten skill
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Sun, Sep 1st 2019 – Judy Webb - Lye Valley
- Sun, Sep 1st 2019, 2:00 pm, : ANHSO Field Judy Webb - Lye Valley
- Tue, Sep 3rd 2019, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk Bob Cowley - Track and Sign - the naturalist's forgotten skill
- Sun, Sep 8th 2019, 10:30 am, : ANHSO Field Mark Vallance or Chris Trew - Yoesden Bank
- Tue, Oct 1st 2019, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk Professor Mark Fricker - From Slime to Society
- Sun, Oct 6th 2019, 1:30 pm, : ANHSO Field National Fungus Day, Harcourt Arboretum
- Wed, Oct 23rd 2019, 7:45 pm, Exeter Hall, Kidlington: ANHSO Talk Dr Jenny Dunn - Turtle Doves, trial plots and Trichomonas: understanding and conserving the UK’s rarest dove
- Tue, Dec 3rd 2019, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk To be announced