In light of the current situation regarding Coronavirus, for the coming months indoor meetings will be held virtually, using the Zoom platform, starting with a talk by Jill Butler on “Re-wilding future ancient trees” on Tuesday 6th October. Attendance will be limited to members only. Details will be circulated to members. Field meeting remain cancelled at this point in time.
We are currently holding our meetings at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month in St Margaret’s Institute, 30 Polstead Road, Oxford, OX2 6TN map except as otherwise noted.
Annual features include the E.F. Warburg Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with BBOWT) and the Bernard Tucker Memorial Lecture (in conjunction with Oxford Ornithological Society), both given by prestigious guest speakers. For a list of forthcoming talks (including their locations) please consult the programme.
There is on-street parking for St Margaret’s Institute on Polstead Road, Rawlinson Road and other streets after 6.30pm. The nearest bus stop is the St Margaret’s Road stop on Woodstock Road, served by the 6/6C, S2 and S3 bus services. There are cycle racks at St Margaret’s Institute.
Next indoor meeting:
- Tue, Oct 6th 2020, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: Jill Butler - Re-wilding future ancient trees
Visits to nature reserves and other places of natural history interest take place on Saturdays, Sundays and summer evenings. For a list of forthcoming field meetings, please consult the programme.
Some outdoor sites may be unsuitable or hazardous for the disabled or infirm. Please contact the organiser in advance to discuss any apecial requirements. Note, also, that dates may sometimes have to be changed, depending on the season.
All field trips are free to members and a charge of £2 will be made to non-members.
Next Field Meeting:
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm, Sun, Oct 11th 2020 – CANCELLED: National Fungus Day, Harcourt Arboretum
- Tue, Oct 6th 2020, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Jill Butler - Re-wilding future ancient trees
- Sun, Oct 11th 2020, 1:30 pm, : ANHSO Field CANCELLED: National Fungus Day, Harcourt Arboretum
- Tue, Nov 3rd 2020, 8:00 pm, The meeting will be held virtually on Zoom: ANHSO Talk Eleanor Mayhew - Saving Oxford's Wetland Wildlife
- Tue, Dec 1st 2020, 8:00 pm, St Margaret's Institute: ANHSO Talk To be confirmed